MONITORING SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
- • The Learning Express (TLE)will check all staff for COVID-19 symptoms when they arrive. This includes temperature checks and questionnaires.
- • TLE will have a plan for staff absences. TLE will encourage staff who may be at higher risk for COVID-19 to contact their health care provider to determine whether they should stay at home.
- • In the event that TLE experiences a positive case of COVID-19 in a staff member or child, TLE will contact the Division of Public Health within one business day of learning of the illness to discuss next steps and cleaning guidance specific to TLE.
- • TLE will stagger arrival/drop-off times and pick-up times to limit direct contact with parents as much as possible.
- • Parents and children must wear masks in their cars for curbside drop-off and pick-up.
- • TLE will adhere to the following screening practices for adults and children entering the facility: Adults who drop off and pick up children must do so at the entrance to the facility, not the classroom. Curbside drop-off by car is preferred. Staff will receive the children and see that they arrive safely in their classrooms.
- • TLE will ensure that staff and children do not have an elevated temperature before entering the facility. Temperature checks will be done by TLE staff at drop off and temperatures must be below 100.4 to enter the building. TLE will use touchless thermometers.
- • The following questions will be asked at drop off 1. Has your child been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19? If yes, the family should self-quarantine for 14 days. The child will not be allowed in school for 14 days. 2. Has your child felt unwell in the last 24 hours (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, rash, nausea, and/or diarrhea). If yes, the child will not be able to attend school until symptoms have stopped for at least 24 hours.
- • TLE will visually check the child for signs of illness, including flushed cheeks, rapid breathing, congestion, coughing, fatigue, or extreme fussiness, If yes, the child will not be permitted in school and/ or sent home until symptoms have stopped for at least 24 hours.
- • TLE has identified a space in room 108 to safely isolate individuals who develop symptoms in our care.
PPE ( Personal Protection Equipment )
- • The Learning Express (TLE) will encourage staff to practice every day preventative measures such as frequent hand washing, refraining from touching your face, covering a cough or sneeze with an elbow, and practicing social distancing (keeping at least 6 feet of distance between you and another person).
- • TLE will follow MI requirements for cloth face coverings. These practices include: All child care providers and/or staff working in child care facilities must wear cloth face coverings while at work; except while conducting circle time or outdoors at recess. Children will be encouraged to wear masks in common areas; hallways and
bathrooms. TLE will provide masks if staff or students do not have them. TLE will deny entry to anyone over the age of 6 who is not wearing a face-covering if one is not available to be provided to that person.
- • TLE will avoid mixing groups of children, by staggering the use of shared spaces (playgrounds, hallways, etc), and by canceling large group activities where children cannot be a minimum of six feet apart.
- • TLE will suspend the use of all outside contractors, programs, and entertainment, both indoors and outdoors • TLE has rearranged seating so that children sit at least 6 feet apart during social time, small group, snack time, and lunchtime.
HYGIENE / CLEANING / DISINFECTING
- • TLE will adhere to the following additional cleaning and sanitizing practices: Suspend the use of sensory bin play, play-doh, or other clay-like materials. Suspend the use of all costumes and playwear. Suspend the use of all soft toys that can not be easily cleaned. TLE will clean all toys at the end of each day following CDC recommendations.
- • All hard surfaces will be sanitized daily and as needed. Toys will be separated for sanitizing immediately after being placed in a child’s mouth.
- • All frequently touched surfaces (doorknobs, light switches, faucets, and phones) will be sanitized frequently throughout the day
- • TLE will ensure proper ventilation with open windows, doors (when possible), and air purifiers.
SUSPECTED OR CONFIRMED CASES OF COVID – 19
- • If a child becomes sick while in our care, they will be isolated in room 108 with proper supervision until a parent can come to pick them up. If COVID- 19 is confirmed, TLE will contact our local health department and notify all families of possible exposure. TLE will communicate with families orally and through an emailed letter. TLE will give the contact information of all exposed families to the local health department.
- • If a child has direct exposure with a classmate with a confirmed case of COVID-19, the family should self-quarantine for 14 days. If a child has a confirmed case of COVID-19, they must remain at home for 10 days after symptoms appear.